Bitdefender Total Security

Bitdefender Total Security — Advanced Malware Protection with Tons of Additional Features

Bitdefender’s antivirus engine is among the most powerful on the market, combining a large malware database with machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and guard against malware more successfully than almost any other competition.

Bitdefender discovered and eradicated every single malicious threat from my PC during my testing. Because Bitdefender’s engine is cloud-based, all malware scans are performed on Bitdefender’s cloud server, reducing the load on your device. Even during thorough, full-disk scans, Bitdefender had virtually no impact on my Windows and Mac machines.

Bitdefender, like Norton, has sophisticated settings for those who want to fine-tune their antivirus protection. You can create custom scan settings for scripts, network shares, boot sectors, and even new/modified files on your machine. Bitdefender’s sophisticated options contribute to the company’s reputation as one of the most powerful and adaptable malware scanners available.

1. Internet security.
  2. Optimizer for systems
  3. (200 MB daily) VPN
  4. Parental supervision.
  5. Manager of passwords.
  6. Webcam security.
  7. Protection against ransomware.

And there’s a lot more…
Bitdefender’s web security is fantastic – in my tests, the anti-phishing protection blocked the vast majority of phishing sites, and I love Safepay, a secure, encrypted browser window for online banking and shopping. Bitdefender’s multi-layer ransomware protection, which places a data-protection layer over your crucial files to prevent them from being encrypted during a ransomware assault, is one of my favourites.

Bitdefender’s VPN is likewise one of the best on the market, delivering lightning-fast access to encrypted servers all over the world – however, unlike Norton’s VPN, Bitdefender’s VPN has daily data consumption limits on most plans (except for the most expensive plan).

When it comes to plans, Bitdefender offers various low-cost options. Many of Bitdefender’s premium features (excluding camera protection, parental controls, and a device optimizer) are available in Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, which costs INR1,850 per year and is exclusively available for Windows.

Bitdefender Internet Security costs INR2,470 per year and includes parental controls, a firewall, and coverage for up to three Windows PCs, but Bitdefender Total Security costs INR2,780 per year and includes up to five licences for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. There’s also Bitdefender Premium Security, which includes all of Bitdefender’s features, plus the VPN with no limitations — at INR5,390 / year, it’s pricier than some competitors, but considering the VPN is as good as the top standalone VPNs, I still think it’s worth it.

Bottom Line:

Bitdefender is less expensive than most competitors when it comes to cloud-based antivirus scanning and a wide range of protection products. If you’re comfortable with computers and want a comprehensive cybersecurity suite with features like a VPN, parental controls, and a password manager, I recommend Bitdefender. Bitdefender is also risk-free to trial with a 30-day money-back guarantee.